About Blades Risk
Independent Advice / Experience You Can Count On
Our mission is to be the most dependable device in your risk management toolbox. Let our practiced consultants make your insurance job easier!
Our compensation is based on what works best for YOU! We offer monthly retainer, hourly, or project-based fees!
The original consulting firm was founded in 1926 by John R. Blades to provide independent and unbiased insurance advisory services to clients on a fee basis. Arthur Macaulay Jr. joined John Blades as a partner in 1949 and then John Crout in 1968 to form Blades, Macaulay and Crout. They continued to represent the interests of their clients only, choosing not to sell or place insurance.
Arthur Proulx merged his insurance consulting practice with John Crout’s in late 2008 to form Blades, Crout & Proulx LLC. Today, Arthur is involved with all client accounts and continues the commitment to provide the highest level of professional service and complete objectivity in conclusions and recommendations.
- Design appropriate policies and procedures that suit your goals
- Investigate appropriate deductible or cash flow forms of insurance
- Assist with the selection of brokers or insurers
- Manage the procurement process
- Work directly with you and your employees to answer questions
- Train and educate by providing supporting materials and guidance
- Prepare bid specifications and requests for proposals (RFP’s)
- Facilitate and track policy renewals
- Advise on coverage and exposures within existing insurance policies
- Balance risk retention vs. risk transfer
- Audit policies and endorsements to ensure that your breadth of coverage and quality of language has you well protected.